Shopping list at a glance: butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, 1 tbsp sweet & spicy ground spice blend, chocolate chips.
From your pantry: flour, baking soda, milk
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time 2 1/2 HIGH, Servings: 8-10 slices
- 1 stick butter, softened (or 1/2 cup light olive oil)
- 1 cup sugar (or 2/3 cup maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup / half a 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *we use Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour or *gluten free King Arthur
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet & spicy ground spice blend
- 3/4 cup / 4oz chocolate chips
- spray a 2 pound loaf pan with non stick spray and shake 1 tbsp flour to coat the edges.
- place a piece of aluminum foil onto the bottom of the slow cooker insert and turn onto HIGH.
- in a mixing bowl, blend together the butter and sugar to a paste.
- break the eggs one at a time into the butter and sugar mixture and stir until combined. (This is the wet mixture)
- stir in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and milk.
- mix the flour, baking soda, salt and sweet & spicy ground spice blend into the wet mixture before stirring in the chocolate chips.
- pour the cake mixture into your loaf pan and place onto the aluminum foil in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- this works well with gluten free King Arthur flour
the zen of slow cooking http://www.blog.thezenofslowcooking.com/