A fragrant curry blend for our signature lentil tortillas
Shopping list at a glance: onion, carrots, leek, celery, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, coconut milk, lime juice, glass noodles
From your pantry at a glance: olive oil
Pinquito Bean & Vegetable Coconut Curry Soup
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 4 hours HIGH or 8-9 hours LOW, Servings 4-6
- 1 ½ cups / 8 oz Pinquitos, rinsed
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 cups / 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups / 2 large carrots, cut into 1cm rounds
- 2 cups leek, 1 medium diced
- 1 cup / 2 medium stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tsp / 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x 14oz canned tomatoes
- 1 Indian Dal blend
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 x 12oz can of coconut milk light
- 2 sheets of glass noodles, cooked
- juice of 1 lime
- Fresh basil leaves
- Rinse the beans and discard any discolored ones. Put the beans into your slow cooker.
- Heat the olive oil In a skillet over a medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, leek and celery cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the beans in your slow cooker and stir in the garlic, ginger, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, Indian Dal blend, vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the coconut milk and glass noodles
- Serve the soup with a squeeze of lime juice and dress with basil leaves
the zen of slow cooking http://www.blog.thezenofslowcooking.com/